Tuesday, March 1, 2011

yuppers!

Ask God to show up, and he will.

Psalms 2, hit me in a very hard way this morning.

As many people know i hate corruption. even though sadly I am often part of the corruption that I hate.
I also hate watching this capitalist country where the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer.  It makes me sick that Christians can continue to make large amounts of money while poor(er) people continue to lose money over and over.

It is disgusting that corporations will go into cities and destroy the town's local businesses and put more people out of jobs so that the higher ups of the company can make all the money that they want.  While heartlessly paying moms and dads minimum wages.

God brought peace to this hatred.
Psalms 2, talks about the rulers in the world gathering in evil, gathering for themselves.  It talks about "people plotting in vain."  It shows leaders. the high ups in the world at this time. being those who conspire.  This moves on to say in verses 4 through 6, "The One enthroned in heaven laughs; the Lord scoffs at them.  Then he rebukes them in his anger and terrifies them in his wrath, saying, I have installed my king on Zion, my holy hill."

Its not up to me to fix things. its not up to me to solve a thousand social issues that constantly bug me.  But God will bring glory to him, through the destruction of what causes these evils to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment