Friday, December 3, 2010

Acts 4 part 1 thoughts.... no catchy title tonight.

Acts 4 opens with Peter and John, (Jesus' Disciples) being punished by the Sanhedrin for doing a miracle and claiming the power of it through Jesus the Christ.  As i read on, Some powerful things were revealed to me.
Verse 11 states that Jesus is the stone you (Sanhedrin) builders rejected, which has become the capstone.  And 12, Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.  This is showing that some of the most powerful religious leaders of the time were denying Jesus.  Going on with my current thoughts of breaking for those who destroy different cultures, I have come to realize that many times people will use God's name to obtain power, and as we all know, power corrupts.
(Why'd i put a break here? i dont know yet)
This makes me think about these religious leaders, trying to stop what they admit as fact, knowing the miracles were done through Jesus and that the population knows, they just dont want it to spread.  This is where I realize something, the corrupt in the church, need our prayer and our love, just as much as the unloved, and those who do not love need love.  This is where i need to learn to hold back my anger, and become filled with the Holy Spirit to show people God is King, and Love through Him is Real.  This is not to be glorifying to myself though, but only to God.

At the same time, I acknowledge, that i, myself, am in fact the corrupt.  For like all people I have done things I'll always regret.  (Living with no regrets is a joke, that is untrue and a lie people tell themselves)  When acknowledging that I am as corrupt as the people I want to love, I am brought down to the REAL level of where I am.  I was never above the corrupt. I am one with the corrupt who should love them as well.

I lost sight of where i was going in this post. So i believe I will end with this one thought.

Love those claiming God's name, Peter and John did, and in the end, the multitudes were praising God.  The Law could not stop the spreading of God's name, and Lord, create in me the heart Peter and John had for you in verse 20, "For we canot help speaking about what we have seen and heard"  DO this for those surrounding me daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment