Thursday, December 2, 2010

Make this my prayer...

Father, as I come before you, hoping to write this in love and reverence for you; I think to myself, and pray to YOu, Lord make this your will, let your word and Love shine through it, not mine, dont let what i have to say come through.

I find myself often in a position of anger towards God, and anger towards "Christians." and I am thinking about this tonight, and it begins to bother me.  Oddly after a many days without being in the Word, my marker was at Acts 3.  As i Read this verse struck me.  A verse that many people overlook as simply a historical reminder, but really as a reminder that I myself do this to the Lord often

Acts 3:13-15
The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus.  You handed him over to be killed and you disowned him before Pilate, though he had decided to let him go.  You disowned the Holy and Righteous One and asked that a murderer be released to you.  You killed the author of life, but God has raised him from the dead.  We are witnesses of this.


This reminds me, why am i so angry?!

Instead of a ministry to punks, a ministry needs to be made to those who so quickly diminish the punk culture.  God, develop a love for these people in me, instead of a hatred.  When i see the trials, and people talking down on it, Lord, Show them love through me.

This is God reminding me, It is not Him i am angry with, but it is often my own fault, for choosing the murderer to be set free with me that I am angry.

I find myself asking the Lord to show me how i choose the murderer over him.  And how to help me to stop, as I am praying he helps whoever reads this, see how each of you chooses the murderer instead of Jesus to live.

With love, the kid who hasnt posted in far too long!

1 comment:

  1. "...develop a love for these people in me, instead of a hatred. When i see the trials, and people talking down on it, Lord, Show them love through me."

    YES. YES. YES. That's exactly the right attitude, brother.

    "I am praying he helps whoever reads this, see how each of you chooses the murderer instead of Jesus to live."

    oh, i do. i choose the murderer often and i see it. but daily i strive my hardest to choose Christ. i fail, but He forgives. thank God.

    ReplyDelete