Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Something once said to me by a bright young fellow that still resonates in my mind

About a year ago, Zeke Miller was struggling w/ a recent removal from his church, and finding out exactly where God wanted him to be with his life, at that moment.

Zeke had been struggling with the adjustment from home to school, the losses of many people he really cared about, his mind telling him God was fake, and he had many fears refering to back home.  With then Zeke was then leaving his church, as previously mentioned.  He had found that more often than not, that church had continually hurt him, and had not actually helped his walk with the Lord, but pushed him away, adn that this particular group of people was not helping his family at all in a time of need.

This troubled zeke.
The people who were supposed to be there for him, were not.

What a surprise, imperfect people werent perfect. (this now makes obvious sense to me).

On this i was struggling one day and a great friend at that time, who i have sadly not seen as much lately, Jon King, stopped and talked to me about it all.

He said somethign that at the time was a little insignificant sentence among many other sentences that all revolved around one point that I entirely forget besides this phrase,
"Be the church you wish existed"

Be the church?!
Be a Group of people meeting to talk about the Lord.
This didnt make sense in my mind (yeah i transitioned from talking in 3rd person about myself to just saying I).
I found this statement to be stuck in my mind later that night.
WHy am I so angry w/ the church?
Why dont I just live out what I believe a CHristfollower should Act like, and forgive these people, and show them through actions, not words there is a better way of living?
THoughts on this sprang into my head all night, as i wondered how to better my life to be the church.

This is when Zeke started transitioning back into a Business Major b/c thats where God wants him.
This is something that doesnt make sense to me at all. I am majoring in an economy that is tearing itself apart daily.

However, God is in control. there IS a reason I am majoring in this.
When i realize one of the biggest flaws each christian has, including me relates to money, I realize that majoring in somehting that revolves around money, is a way to learn to manage money so that I can GIVE as much as possible, when I am at a point in my life where I can do this.

This habbit of giving is somehting I need to get myself into.

So here's my challenge in this post.
Give somethign, even if small, or jsut your time, to someone this week. Do someone a service, or listen when you think you have too much going on to hearout whats going on in a friend's life.


Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment