Saturday, January 1, 2011

A thought on death

This is a short one, but a powerful one.

Acts 9: 32 - 43 tells the story of this disciples named Dorcas (Tabitha depending on the translation). and how she lived a life serving the Lord, and people, One day she became very ill and died.  Then Peter came along to her, and through the power of the Lord raised her from the dead.

As I read this i have been asking God to give me a heart of peace in knowing that someday many people i hold dear will be gone, gone forever.

And God slowly grips my heart and reminds me, to stop worrying about these people. Love God, and do as you will.  He reminds me that death has no power over him, and that losing anyone on this earth who loves God, is simply a see ya later.

He says Zeke, there's a much bigger picture going on the death, and the loss of loved ones.  There's a world in constant motion, that is breaking for a savior.  He reminds that death is of no power compared to him, and He has control over everything.

Lord, break narrow/selfish mindedness I have had lately. Break it for me, break it for everyone.

GOodnight all.

No comments:

Post a Comment